Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ArtPad Party


Matt's kinetic sculpture, George's Bone, installed poolside at the Phoenix Hotel, San Francisco. His gallerists Heather and Steve of marx & zavattero enjoyed the sun before the chilly breeze hit.
Photo from J.D. Beltran's post on City Brights.

Last weekend was one big art party and exhibition in San Francisco with the Art Mrkt at the design center, the Fine Arts Fair at Fort Mason and ArtPad at the Phoenix Hotel. The Phoenix has a mid-century Palm Springs vibe right in the heart of the Tenderloin, the edgy, urban neighborhood with a mix of immigrants, sex and drug sellers, down-and-outers sleeping it off on the sidewalk and trendy folk headed to a cool bar or restaurant. For ArtPad, they took all the furniture out of the hotel rooms, giving each gallery the space to show their art.


How much is that sculpture in the window? Matt's sculptures on display. 



These sculptures of Matt's are metal with a mix of surfaces: polished, painted and even flocked. The second one from the left and the one on the far right are cast aluminum which I helped pour. More on that and what the well-dressed foundry girl wears in another post.


The view from the balcony.


Here I am with friends Elizabeth and Ann. We all had the same idea.
If you have to bundle up at a party, do it with color!

Ann's gorgeous bracelet.

Super cool artist and gallerist of Unspeakable Projects.

And super cool kicks.


Friend David Lyle and his paintings with the Lyons Weir Gallery in New York. 


The high-heel sculptures of Willie Cole with beta pictoris gallery


Happy and stylish, a great combo!

3 comments:

  1. indulging in catching up on your blog as I pack and prep for the wedding in Dallas. Still loving my consignment glam dress; wouldn't have gone for it without Bien Vestido. Think I'll grab my sis and go for a mani-pedi:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I fell behind on your blogs, and I do so enjoy them, because so much is going on here but I'm caught up now. So tell me, do you and Matt ever sleep or is life one constant party? Love the shoes but wonder if these women every actually walk anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos and the event looks great (as does Matt's work on display). Oh how I miss "bundling" up for a late Spring event in San Francisco. ;-) XO

    ReplyDelete