Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Sartorialist




One of the blogs that I go to nearly everyday for style inspiration is Scott Schuman's "The Sartorialist". The people he photographs are varying combinations of elegant, quirky, creative, imaginative, sexy, chic or trendy and all have a high personal style quotient because of the colors, textures, accessories, combination of items or perfect tailoring they choose to wear. They put thought into what they wear without looking like it. Let's call it High PSQ.

He recently had a contest and I was so enraptured by the winning woman's contribution that I want to share it with you. When you read it, you'll see what caught my attention and my heart. The writer beautifully tells a short and rich story about her mother and a meaningful dress. Since my first post on Bien Vestido was a story about my grandmother's coat which was followed by a story on my mother's cocktail dress, I felt a connection with the writer, Daria.

Here's her winning entry.

The comments are lovely too. Lots of readers were touched by her heartfelt tale.

Her prize is the new book by Scott Schuman, The Sartorialist: Closer, to be released on August 29. I love that you can choose between a woman's cover or a man's cover. I know what my next book purchase will be!

2 comments:

  1. You should have entered the contest; you would have won it, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Naomi! But darn, I found out about the contest too late.

    ReplyDelete